Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam & Jewelry

cm-horses

quote:

Just how much jewelry do you make? Do you have a catalog?

This is a sideline hobby that my partner and I hope to turn into a business.

I will post a website in my profile when it all gets going.

We plan to have an online store, yes.

Hopefully it will open early next year.

Making custom, one of a kind rings and other jewelry.

Using Mastercam is going to be a huge plus I am thinking since it has ART and I already know my way around the software.

4th axis was kinda hard for me, but I am getting the hang of it, due mostly to all the great support I have gotten from this Forum.... cheers.gif

quote:

Oh! Well, that is one thing I learned today. I now have a name for that sharp pointy bit that will cut the stuffin out of ya.

LOL ya, I think that name came from an old penographer that taught me back in the 70's.

They used to cut all those coin dies with a freehand penograph and a handfull of stickles in the old days before the CNC.... biggrin.gif

Your model would be huge and when it scaled down the error would be almost null...

I made a gold wedding band one time on a wire edm. It was a scallop design for a store. They gave 3 plates of gold about .1 thick and I made the design in all 3 plates they then took the center plate and rotated it to be off to the other scallops and then silver soldered it all together. It turned out pretty slick.

Good place for endmills top quality stuff at Harvey.

All the stuff we do is lost wax.

There is too much loss involved in machining directly on the silver and gold.

So to do a braclet, I would just let the wax block be its own jig and them bend it once it's cast.

You can flip the wax block over and push it up against stops on the mill table and leave a thin piece of flash around the outside.

After the top and bottom configurations are machined, I will do a paramater cut and drop the braclet out of the block. Then handwork any areas that need it and make the investment mold.