Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Video card questions

Trapper Paul

Hello forum long time no visit. How is everbody doing?

I am running Mastercam Version 9.1, Mastercam X2, and SolidWorks 7 SP2 on a new Dell Precision 390 (DOU Core 2) with the NVIDIA Fx3450 256MB card it installed by Dell.

I'm having trouble with it crashing relativly small mastercam files. It shuts down Mastercam and I loose my drawing.

Any advise? Better video card recommendation?

Does anyone remember a Pete's Pic information about video cards? II might have the wrong name. But he mentioned a "horsepower pic" and a 'wallet friendly pic" Anyone recall this? Is it still around?

Dell also has 2 other cards availeable as options for this DUO Core 2 system. One is a Fx4500 512MB the other a Fx3500 256Mb...

Crashing hourly. Paul bonk.gif

Uninstall the Dell video drivers

Install the latest from the Nvidia Drivers page

turn off "save a bitmap image" on the Files page

of System Config

On the Nvidia Performance page turn off

unified back/depth buffer

Turn off Depth Buffer of the Screen page of

System Config

Set video for Maximum performance in the Advanded

settings in My Computer

The FX 3450 is a great card. We run them here at work. Right click on your desktop, Go to Nvidia display, Performance and quality settings, and change the active profile to "Solidworks". Then go into Mastercam, Settings, Configuration, Screen Topic, and Check the Box for "disable front buffer". You should notice a huge performance increase.

Also, Turn OFF autosave if you have it on. Only use Backup.

HTH,