Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cutter compenstion question

stevieboy

Hello all

Machine is

Mazak vtc 30 about 8 years old

I'm doing a simple contour 2d around a part

I want the operator to control the final dia.

If I set the tool comp to, control or wear

I can not seem to change the dia. at the machine control

Program is being spoon fed

Thanks

yeah, I find that using the eia page works alot better, but you will have to change a parameter to use it. when you press tooldata, you will see a page that says eia/iso data, then you can use the act dia corr. but if the mazatrol page works fine i wouldnt change it, but that is likely why you are having problems spoon feeding. try putting a offset in the eia data when spoon feeding, see if that works

We mostly use mazatrol for programming our mazaks so the operators felt it was easier (on them) to keep using the mazatrol tool data page, so that is why i have to use control when i do program for them. Its a pain though if I have wrote a program for our haas and then deciede to run it on the mazaks because i use wear with the haas. I have been wanting to try to drip feed to our mazaks, what software do you use for that and was it hard to setup? I have cimco here now that I was going to try with.

I should of asked this before, but when you said the machine is about 8 years old, I assumed it is a M Plus controler, and not the 640m. Is this correct?

Brian, The only problem with having it setup for eia data is you will have to touch all your tools off on the eia page, and a mazatrol program will not reconize them. we do not use mazatrol alot, so it works out good for us to have it setup the way it is.

We have a 2 year old Mazak and had similar problems.

It is a parameter that needs to be changed for sure. We can however use both tool offset pages for the cutter dia (they get added to each other however, and this can also create problems).

Generally we use only the tool data page. Wear is done on the geometry offset page.

Don't know if this helps.

Actually, our machine has two seperate pages.

But like you said they are not the same contoller.

It still sounds like a parameter thing. When ours was set up, if didn't have the offset page, just the tool data page. Then the tech changed a parameter for us and there it was. After that, we had to mess around with paramaters to get it to work right. We had the same problems as stevieboy until the correct parameters were changed.

As for touching off your tools twice for each tool, that sucks. Before we set ours to the right parameters, our machine required this too, so I would check and see if that is also a parameter that can be changed. Maybe calling mazak techs for help would be a good idea, since some of the parameters get confusing with thier descriptions. They sound like they do something other then what they actually do.