Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 install error - Error 1904

James Coy

I did an uninstall and then re-install of X2. The problem is that I can’t get by the install.

I get 4 straight errors near the end of the install that I had to ignore:

ERROR 1904. Module C:WINDOWSSYSWOW64MCDESCR.DLL FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

ERROR 1904. Module C:MCAMX2DIRECTMCIVENTOR.DLL FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

ERROR 1904. Module C:MCAMXCDIRECTMCSEDGEADDIN.DLL FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

ERROR 1904. Module C:WINDOWSSYSWOW64MCLSTCTL.OCX FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

I hit ignore on all these errors and continued with the installation.

This did not work out for me so I went to the forums and found 2 references that say to use vcredist_x86.exe. This did not fix it.

I have also tried to register them myself in MCAMX control panel applet as one forum suggested but it does not start up.

Please help as I have been trying for 5 hours yesterday and 2 today.

James

I am receiving "Error 1904" messages when installing X2 on a 64-bit machine. How can I fix this?

When installing Mastercam X2 on a 64-bit machine, you may receive the below error messages:

ERROR 1904. Module C:WINDOWSSYSWOW64MCDESCR.DLL FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

ERROR 1904. Module C:MCAMX2DIRECTMCIVENTOR.DLL FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

ERROR 1904. Module C:MCAMXCDIRECTMCSEDGEADDIN.DLL FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

ERROR 1904. Module C:WINDOWSSYSWOW64MCLSTCTL.OCX FAILED TO REGISTER. HRESULT-2147010895

This is because vcredist_x86.exe is not installed on your system. Please go to the X2 Downloads section of our website and download vcredist_x86.exe. Once the download is complete, double-click on the file and allow the installation to run.

Next, uninstall X2 if it is present in Control Panel ---> Add / Remove programs.

Once this is complete, install X2 once again. This time, the installation will complete without error.

James

Also when you uninstall try this as well

Once you have removed the Mastercam X program, you will need to clean up any saved or changed files that the uninstall left behind. The uninstall will not remove any added or changed files – this is to prevent any data loss to you. Open up the Windows Explorer, navigate to the directory where you installed Mastercam X, and save all the files that you wish to keep. Once you have done this, delete the Mastercam X directory.

Next, you must remove the left-over files in c:windowssystem32. Be aware that Mastercam v9 relies on these files as well – deleting them will disable v9 until you reinstall Mastercam X. Delete these files:

MCBitmap.ocx

MCdescr.dll

MCInt.ocx

MCLstCtl.ocx

MCReal.ocx

MCView.ocx

MCXUtil.cpl

Lastly, you must remove the saved user settings in HKEY_CURRENT_USER. You must do this separately for each user on the system. Do not edit the registry if you are unfamiliar with the process – these registry settings have no effect on any part of your system. They are only mentioned here for completeness. Delete the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSOFTWARECNC Software, IncMastercam X