Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T verification

mold100

Well I can say on a daily bases I do.

I use the Predator verification to check NCI & Gcode.

Much faster and you can measure the part or compare it to a STL model.

Just a small portion of what it can do.

I can even simulate the machine too. If I need too.

But I use the C-hook that integrates it with Mastercam so it takes all the info from Mastercam in to VCNC so I can run it.

You can get some info about off my site.

This is a great tool to have, when you are a outside programmer or working for a company,this why I jumped on board.

Metacut View is really cheap at the moment. It will process your toolpaths and give you a virtual part on screen in about 3 seconds( and that's for a pretty large toolpath). You can click on any part of the model and it will bring up the exact line of code used to make that pass. For the price I'd say that it's well worth the money. I've recently been in touch with them and they said in about 30-60 days their new version will be out for maybe $50 more and I believe they said that it reads binary(whatever that means) or you can open it right from the mastercam toolpath editor. If you go to mastercam's home page, you can download a free trial version for 30 days of use from the third party software page. I'd put the link in my post but I have no idea how you guys do that. HTH smile.gif

Jay, I've been to your site and have seen the predator trial but it's way to big to download onto my computer through this ancient phone modem. I'd like to try it out to see what it can do. Can you zip that to make it smaller or is it alraedy zipped?

What happened to Mastercam's verify? I think it was better in V7.2.c when you could at least rotaate and zoom in on the part after the toolpaths had been verified. Any chance of Mastercam merging with any one of these 3rd party verify programs in the future?

[ 02-28-2002, 01:45 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Zero typed:

quote:

What happened to Mastercam's verify? I think it was better in V7.2.c when you could at least rotaate and zoom in on the part after the toolpaths had been verified. Any chance of Mastercam merging with any one of these 3rd party verify programs in the future?

You're probably thinking of v7.1 which had the Microcompatibles NC2000 verification in it. 7.2 saw the launch of the Sirus NC Verify kernal integrated into Mastercam. Both companies have been bought out by bigger ones. The current Mastercam verify is still based on the Sirus kernal, but with GREATLY enhanced features since the buy-out. You can still rotate the part around (even more so than before), if you use "true-solid" mode, and even (to a lesser extent) standard mode but it's a little confusing - and not very well documented IMNSHO - as to how it works.

I've spent quite a bit of time with Vericut. Its a great verification program, but can be a real pain to set up. It was great when I used it fro 3 axis verification. I have also seen it used to verify an Okuma lathe program using User Task variables. I was able to alter the variables and change the way program ran, and watched the verification run the updated program.

From what I can gather, its a pretty expensive program though.