Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IGES CONVERTER

HEAVY METAL

I got the IGES file(s) from SMO,and found that since the surfaces are defined in MDT as a 'Block', the IGES gets written with the surfaces and their trimming curves being written in their original location (in this case, roughly centered about 0,0,0). But, the Block definition says that the part has actually been translated by a small amount (0.048545,0,-0.2). This Block gets written as an IGES 308/408 pair, that says move all the surfaces (and ONLY the surfaces) by this vector.

The Surface data is, therefore, in exactly the correct location. The trimming curves are not part of the block, but are defined as visible, so we see them as being displaced.

I would recommend, before writing the IGES file from AutoCAD MDT, that the Blocks be 'exploded'. This simple process will ensure that the surfaces and their trimming curves will be defined in the same locations, without any translation.

Hope this helps...

PDG

smo,

try typing the command acisout or amacisout try the am command first it's been so long since i had to use that command. That will give you a sat file for conversion into mastercam. That command will ask you to select objects in mdt just type in all in mdt and hit enter.Also don't forget to set your acis version type for a command acisoutver

1 will equal 10

2=20

and so on i think you can go to

6=60

try to avoid exploding your model because you will lose all parametrics to the model.

If the commands are not right for mdt right back and i will double check the commands but pretty sure those are the right commands.