Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Need to store toolplane rotary angle for G10

Colin Gilchrist

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to setup a post processor to output code for a 4 axis horizontal machine using the G10 to automatically set the X,Y,Z, and B values. I read some of the posts on the forum that deal with G10 and after downloading the G10 vertical post from the FTP site, I was able to get the new post to output a G10 line with the X, Y, and Z values for each work offset. (Thank God for cut and paste)

biggrin.gif

Now I'm wondering if I can modify the buffer that I added for capturing the X,Y,and Z coordinates to also calculate and store the B angle and output that along with the X,Y,Z values.

In this case we are not actually using the G10 to set the numbers (don't ask me why, that's how they want it done), we are outputing the coordinates as comments so that the operator can enter the values manually (I know, I know....). What I need to do is look at the toolplane and calculate the rotary move from B0 and output that after the X,Y,Z values.

Is there an easier way to output the coordinates of the different work offsets being used (X,Y,Z,B) at the file header? I'm guessing that the buffer file is the way to go, I just need it to do the rotary calculation as well.

Thanks,

Colin,

I have a post at home that I used to pull G10 info off of the T planes, I can send it to you tonight. The B axis is not set up in but it should be fairly staright forward to add it in to it.

Colin, the variable that passes on positional tplane rotation values to the post is C$. But unfortunately I don't beleive this is accesible from the pre-read routine. At least it wasn't in V9, I haven't checked in X or X2. For the G10 list that is O.K. as B should be output as zero. What you want is possible, just not the way the G10 post is written.

HTH

quote:

Now I'm wondering if I can modify the buffer that I added for capturing the X,Y,and Z coordinates to also calculate and store the B angle and output that along with the X,Y,Z values.

How are you capturing the X,Y,Z coordinates? If you're using a point you could create a plane on that point then capture the B angle using cabs?

Apparently one of our customers running G10's wanted something like when I originally wrote the G10 post for V9. I had several versions of the post attempting to do output the B value as a comment along with the G10 list. The variable "c$" is NOT readable through the pre-read, but the tplane matrix is (m1$ through m9$). So getting the output is doable, although it looks like there are some rounding issues along with some Angle output issues. But if you want 0 to 360 absolute it should be good enough for a comment anyway.

HTH

Thanks for the answer Roger, I was exploring the possibility of using the Tplane matrix to calculate the angles, but it looks like it will be unnecessary. Because the X,Y,Z coordinates that are output from the toolplane for each work offset are relative to that B angle, the operator just needs to plug them into the G54-59 offsets. The operator doesn't have to enter the B angle manually, just the delta X,Y,Z values for that angle/offset. As long as the programmer sets up the fixutre/workpiece correctly we shouldn't have an issue.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread, I've learned a lot more about using buffer files and parsing the NCI file. Thanks for putting that G10 vertical post up on the FTP Roger. I was able to cut and past the necessary post blocks, buffer read/write routines, and all the necessary initialization stuff and put it into MPMaster to get the output I need. Now I've got to help someone write a custom drill cycle to do deburring on through holes with a spring loaded de-burring tool.

Thanks,