Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 Rotate Geometry but some gets left behind

cired

I've run into this problem a few times now and wanted to ask if anyone else has come across this. On certain files if you "transform rotate" your geometry, it sometimes leaves a portion of geometry behind. On the rotated part that geometry is now blank. The only way we have found to rotate the geometry properly is to painfully go back to version 9 where it works with no problem. We have two Quadro video cards and 1 gaming card with the latest drivers and they all equally seem to show the same problem. One other thing worth mentioning is our operating systems are Windows 2000, why I am not sure. It's what the boss wants.

Not sure if this is related, but I did a part just last week that I had xform rotated for 9 set-ups, and it copied the wireframe to each xform rotate with the setting to "move" not "copy". Only the wireframe was copied, the solid was fine. I assumed it was because I don't know what I am doing.

Slave,

That happens whenever you have geometry required by the solid.

I think Mastercam can't be sure if you still need the wireframe in the original location but it definitely needs to bring the wireframe along with the solid so you get the extra copies.

If you used the "nohist" c-hook before your xform you would not get the copies. Be aware however that using the nohist c-hook destroys the solid history tree. This means that you can no longer easily edit the solid.

I sometimes *copy* the solid onto another level and use nohist on the copy then xform it as necessary. This way I get the best of both worlds... I can xform without leaving a trail of wireframe behind but I can also go back to my original solid if necessary.

Matt,

I was keeping my geo so that I could maintain my associativity. I didn't actually notice all the copies of geometry until I went to change levels. It seems like the system should still pick up the relationship. Move solid, move geometry. I do use the c-hook sometimes, but not too often. I don't like the idea of going thru any more work than I have to. Now since you gave me the idea of copying the solid, I will give it a try. Thanks!