Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pocket Remachining Keep Tool Down

draftmasters

Is there a way to keep the tool down when cleaning out corners on Pocket Remachining toolpaths. I am machining a rectangular pocket with a 1/2" flat mill and is trying to clean the corners with a .032 bull nose. On each corner I'm taking a .010" depth of cut with a 0.005" step over. On each pass in the corner the tool lifts .010" and positions itself for the next cut. I have set my clearance, retract and feed to 0" incremental clicked every "keep tool own" box I could find but the tool keeps lifting between passes.

Please Help

DAR

The only way I have found to do this a to also turn off clearance AND retract, set you top of stock to incremental 0 and your feed plane to incremental 0

Make sure the keep tool down boxes in Depth of cut and in the pocket parameters are also checked.

I don't like doing it this way but if you really want to do it, that will work.

hth

John Paris

Your method sort of worked. I lost my depth cuts and the tool doesn't retract between pockets. I still having to do a lot of hand programming.

Chris: You method is a definite improvement. The tool jumps up between depth cuts, but that is ok. It would be nice to keep the tool down for all the depth cuts but I'll take it.

Thanks alot and keep in touch

quote:

It would be nice to keep the tool down for all the depth cuts but I'll take it.

It hasn't worked properly since V7. I sent it in to QC about 4 years ago. frown.gif

That's one reason why I laughed when I everyone said that X was a total rewrite of the software. If that's true, somehow they managed to rewrite the bad code right back into it.

Thad