Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

64 bit and X2

John13

We're getting new computers soon and I tried Mastercam on 1 today. IF there is going to be a problem, is it going to be obviuos right from the start? I downloaded the vcredist_x86 file from the mastercam website and installed and used it for 45 minutes or so and everything was going ok. I couldn't keep going because I didn't have my mouse so I was missing my programmable buttons and such. Would I have encountered an issue in that amount of time, or should I work on it and give it more time before I can give the ok to IT that I can use it.

Thank you. cheers.gif

I am running x64 and it runs pretty much like normal. MC doesn't run in a true 64bit mode so you don't get the advantages of it. I have noticed less crashes though. Better hardware has something to do with that. I also first installed in the Program Files (x86) folder and it didn't like that. Reinstalled it right on the C-drive and it is happy now.

• 4 months later...

I was told today we are switching over to 64 bit computers. I did a search on this and I don't see any real problems running MC on a 64 bit system. Does anyone have any opinions (good or bad) on this. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I have a x32 & x64 dual boot machine and it crashes less in x64.

I have graphics issues on both sides but that is IT dept. fault. X64 is D: and they just let MCX2, Catia, and Nvidia drivers install to C: default locations when loading x64. Fixed now but left over registry issues remain. However they are minor and I use the x64 OS daily.