Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What am I doin wrong now?

Sem001

I am trying to radially cut a boss with walls that are parallel to my spindle but mcam won't give me a cutter path on the walls I also tried to use flowline but keep getting the surfaces don't follow a row which I have no idea what it means am I missing a parameter in my toolpath or how can I fix this row problem? Any help is always greatly appreciated as always and thanks in advance

I know contour will work but I am cutting stock right off the block and when I get to the bottom of the stock it starts to tear from the block usually breaking inserts or getting wedged between the cutter and the part and smoking the cutter so I want to bump the last .125 off using a lacing technique

With 'Radial toolpath' - consider putting a tool boundry around the boss and including the surface at the base of the boss in your drive surfs. This will force the tool down the side of the boss and cut a small amount of the base surf if you want.

HTH - BerTau

Hi

Can you use Ruled ,one way ?

This will allow feed down -rapid up,& over then

feed down and so on.

Also there's plan B === off set the surface the

radii of the tool. Then program flowline ,and call the tool 0.0 diameter. Then you can have feed down.feed over feed up,and so on.(one way optional)

Also for more control of where each cut will go . Off set the top of the boss the radii of the tool. Break that arc into segment lenghts the size of desired cuts. In front veiw translate the depth of the cut using the join option .Delete the arcs so that you only have lines left,alter a couple of line lenghts so you can leave spokes.Modify,Break,At length ,you can use a minus number to shorten any of lines.

Then back in top veiw use simple contour 3-d with cutter diameter 0.0 .

Try a few ways something will work out.

""If anything can go right it will ,

at the best possible moment.""

[ 03-07-2002, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]