Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Apprentice Part

chowquoe^

Hey folks, looking for some "play" parts for our apprenticeship program. Would like to give them something useful and fun to make. Lathe, wire, mill one of each or something that combines all would work. I am searching the FTP site right now, but I figured one or two of the members may have something on stand by.

Thanks in advance

Way back when, in tech school, we made hammers (knurled handles), vise stops, sq. bench block (using a 4 jaw chuck on a lathe after milling sq to bore the big center pocket and thru hole), drill/tap guide block, paper punch. Also made sine bar, v-blocks, angle plate after we got good enough to grind with tenths. Heck, my teacher even had me build a mold (it was a coaster with the school logo milled into it) in a Roundmate insert.

I have a pile of lathe exercize parts form when i was in apprenticeship. Some are for conventional machining and some are for cnc. CNC ones also have a dimension or two missing, which forces the apprentice to trig them out.Only issue though - prints are in german. You should be able to use them since all important stuff is pretty much universal.

If that sounds like something you want, let me know.

You'll have to give me a day or so, since i have to scan them all in.

Definitely should be some projects with usefullness. V-blocks, vises, angle plates, etc. I worked in one shop where young guys would make this kind of stuff and once it was shown to be made right became available for every one to use (shop supplied steel, heat treat, built on company time, etc). Never went wanting for this kind of stuff.

cheers.gif