Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ramp At Plunge Rate

divisionary1

Hi

I had recently started using Mill Level 1 (r8.1.1) with our CNC Routers for cutting acrylic sheet stock. For sake of tool life and finish quality, we would normally ramp into the workpiece at a slow feedrate and speed up when through the part. Is it possible for Mastercam to output code for ramping in at the "plunge rate" and contour at the feed rate?... or will the post have to be updated to accomplish this?

Any help with this problem will be greatly appreciated!

I can live with that and can do that however it seems logical if you can ramp into a pocket and can ramp into a contour AND can have the POCKET ramp at plunge rate, you should be able to just "click" and have the same luxary with the contour. It allways did bother me- just like in "lead in, lead out" for contours being able to copy from left to right with one click but not from right to left.

Hi

I appreciate the suggestions! I will have to look into modifying our post....but...

I agree JAMMAN, ramping at plunge rate should be an option in contour. Do you know if they may have updated this in version 9? We are upgrading to R9 soon, and I am wondering if this ramp option may have been added.

Thanks again!

Our posts were updated and working great with our ramp moves in contour- Thank you Matt from Prism Eng. and Roger from MC.

Thanks for your help Glenn, JAMMAN and Wallace!!

We upgraded to V9 this week and its looking great… but I seem to be having trouble calling up the editors from the menu. I’ve tried Cimcoedit, Mcedit & PFE32 to no avail, yet Notepad does open! Even when posting, (from both post’s with “Edit” checked) the editor does not open. Is there something I am overlooking? Has anyone else had this problem? BTW - We are running MSWindowsNT4, Service Pack 6.

Once again, Thank you for all of your help!

PDG,

QUOTE<

Yes, the sub-sub-directories "Cedit", "Mced" and "Pfe" are there. I am able to launch CINCOEdit.exe from it's directory. PFE32.exe will launch also. MCedit gives me the message: "Mastercam Security device not found" when I try Mcedit.exe from that directory.

QUOTE<

No error messages. From the "Specify Filename To Read" dialog box, I choose the filename, click open... nothing... as if I didn't use the menu item at all.