Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mirroring in X2 and stuff

phil darcy

Hi all, I was wondering if ant one is having some of theses problems.

1 mirror about x or y a file with 20 + tool paths,it becomes a real mess,some geo is lost but the op in manger will regin, so you can't tell without going to each op and backcplotting and repairing.Is there a better way ?

2 file names get mixed up if I save a file to a location where you have to open several dirs and file, when the mouse is over file that you click to open, the file the mouse is over, changes the name to this so if you don't work at it you saved your file with a diff name.Maybe a windows deal.

3 Just seems like the larger and more comlicated the file the more problems

4 also have some files that lose the surfaces of the tool paths that have already be use several timmes to .the ops don not go dirty just the part is scape.

5 not gripping just wander if it me .also under stand next release has ne ops manger bonk.gif

Yes i have had the same trouble with no 1 on your list. It's quite a PITA.

I used to have trouble with losing surfaces. Then i figured out what seems to cause it. DO NOT modify a surface used in a toolpath unless you plan on reselecting it. Even if you simply extend the surface .05 to go past the EOP it will no longer be in the operation. Weird, I know but that used to happen to me also, until i figued out what seemed to cause it.

and yes to no. 4 also the bigger the file the more troubles on mirroring, but that is about it. Other than X2 seeming to slow down if you have the large file open for too long. at that point i simply save the file, exit and then re-open x2

Hope that helps alittle, I wish I could figure out what to do about #1. Since almost every part I make I have to mirror. And we prefer to actually mirror the file so that the tooling and part appear correctly in the setup sheets.

That is why we don't use transform toolpath mirror. Incase anyone was wondering.

I do not have the no. 2 problem you seem to have.

I have been having probs with xform rotate. I thought I would be clever, by just toolpathing 1 pocket then rotate the toolpath, but no something is wrong. The toolpathed pockets depth is right, but all the others fluctuate plus or minus 0.01mm, this can put our electrodes out of tolerance. If I toolpath all the pockets then the depths are all accurately cut.. New machine here so had to check if it was the machine first.. If I get the time I will submit report to QC..