Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

problems with transform operation in V9

NYMike

I am having a problem with the transform operation in V9.After using the transform operations the last two operations don't come out like the original. I put the file on the ftp

MC9 file "BASE 5PIN REVX3". If you run verify using the original operations you can see what the part should look like. Then run the transformed operation for 7 parts and you will see the gouge and the elimination of the last operation. I transformed using sub programs and without subprograms and got different but wrong results. I sent this problem to my Mastercam reseller yesterday and I am still waiting for an explaination. Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Mike

I don't have V9 but I've had this happen in V8. I've never lost any operations but I've had it add arcs in a transformed toolpath in places that gouge the part. I put one of these files on the ftp a while back and my same toolpaths got regenerated in someone else's computer and were correct without the added arcs.

[ 03-15-2002, 08:58 AM: Message edited by: Zero ]

NYMike,

I've looked at your file and agree that there's something not working right here. confused.gif FYI, in a Toolpath-Translate-Rectangle, the number of steps in X and Y should match the total number of parts you want for each direction. Even if you are not translating in the Y direction, you need at least a "1" in "Y Steps". Thus, if you want 7 parts in X, including the original, your "X steps" value will be 7. This is not the same as it is for translating geometry and Copying it 7x from the original. The rest of your Translate parameters appear to be fine. You can send your part into Mastercam for QC to take a look at it. The more feedback they get from users the better. Try this part in V8.1.1 and see if there's any problems with it. HTH smile.gif

[ 03-15-2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: Peter Scott, Services 4 Automation ]