Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bugs in 9

Elad

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish MC had tested V9 a little more throughly. I've never seen so many flaws. My boss doesn't believe me when I say "I didn't program it that way!" Beta testing works when you use it.

Just downloaded the patches. Anybody get the uber fix yet?

I think the first patch will fix lastnight's episode. (One half of a Z, X arc was sorta round from 180 to 270 and then from 270 to 360 decided it wanted to become more of a hexagon in three big facets).

Various stabs into the part from weird linear moves that don't show up in true solid verify mode, virtually useless feed and speed calculations, tool numbers that don't really follow any kind of order at all, comments that fail to appear in the program, feedrates that were defined in the program header changing mid program to "F0."

We have a network license and I was wondering if any of the "bugs" are more common or not with single user or network software?

I still really like MC and we are gonna use it to craft our latest masterpiece: a 8500 lb moldbase.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Herbert,

Dude, you got some strange stuff going on.I've been unsing V9 since Alpha and none of the issues you mention have come up for me (just a few other issues some minor and one major one I could not work around but they fixed it s it's cool now).

quote:

feedrates that were defined in the program header changing mid program to "F0."

Sounds like a post issue to me.

quote:

(One half of a Z, X arc was sorta round from 180 to 270 and then from 270 to 360 decided it wanted to become more of a hexagon in three big facets).

Yes this was a issue with output arc in the filter

on some surfaceing. and did not show it in the Varify.

Download the Service Pack from the mastercam site.

I will put a copy today here. on the FTP.

you will find a copy of the SP1 for V9 on the FTP.

SP1 on FTP

[ 05-11-2002, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

James & CadCam:

Thanks for the feedback. I downloaded the service pack and will attempt to install it at work tomorrow.

I always suspected that arc/filtering had something to do with the feedrate problem. I'm not convinced that it's entirely within the post though. The orginal problem was first reconized with the MPHAAS post. I then tried MPFAN, MPFADAL and MPYASNAC and the same thing occured.

The toolpath that caused the problem was surface/finish/scallop with spiral from center and a total filter tolerence of .001 checked. Highfeed was also used. These posts were untouched factory post right off the cd.

I sometimes don't have time for troubleshooting because my superiors just want to see chips flying rather then a programmer (me) hacking the computer so I went with a surface/parallel toolpath at 45 deg and got the job done. With the way I program, if the machine isn't shaking the building they know something is wrong and then they get stressed.

Sometimes it's hard getting the chiefs to understand.

Once again thanks!

quote:

1. Can't backplot or verify simple closed arc contour when cutter comp.-machine.

Works great at this time.

quote:

2. let's say i have 5 operations and 2 tools.

I use the first tool for 2 operations and the second tool for 3 operations.

when i select all-renumber tools,(lets say starting from tool 1),i get tool 1 and then it jumps to tool 3.it counts the operaions and not the tools.i hope you could understand my point.it is annoying bug!

Tried this worked good here toooo. smile.gif

quote:

3.few times a day my computer just stuck.i have no idea why.i didn't have this problem with v8.

Sorry never had this trouble on any of my systems.

quote:

The first bug i wrote(contouring closed arc with cutter comp in control) must have patch or somthing,it's impossible to work like this.i all the time have to change it to cutter comp in computer if i want to see the backplot.

Cool, works nice now. smile.gif

[ 05-12-2002, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]