Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

bugs in 9

Elad

I have had a similar problem with V9. Draw a horizontal or vertical line and it crashes MC. Don't know about the number of lines drawn, but it occurs frequently. I draw a few lines and then save. I use AUTOSAVE frequently. I still like V9 for its toolpath enhancements, but I believe we need a patch here quick. I just refuse to go back to V8.1.1!

Gary Armitstead

Santa Fe Enterprises

ElMonte,CA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

I am having the same problem with MC freezing up when creating multiple lines.

DELL Dual P3 450Mh

We are on WindowsNT4- Service Pack 6

First off, Mastercam generally not to run in a stable manner when using Dual CPU systems UNLESS you set the affinity on your session of Mastercam to only run the application on one CPU, otherwise the system will try to multithread the application and Mastercam is not a multi-thread application.

Second, to set the affinity you just need to launch your session of Mastercam, launch the Task Manager, go to the Processes Tab (If I remember corrrectly) right click on Mastercam Go to Set Affinity, and set it to run on CPU1 - the second CPU (this CPU has less assigned to it than CPU0 - the first CPU.

Hope that helps.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

It happens on the 31st line.

It happens when you go to create the 31st line. On my system I can create 30 lines then, when I create the 31st line it just hangs. Nothing glamourous, Dr. Watson does not make a housecall, it just sits. I can repeat this as often as I want.

Kind of a strange bug.

I installed the patch and there is no difference.

I'll report it too just in case.

[ 03-22-2002, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]

Ok james you don't want to fight then I don't want to play with you.

wink.gif

Were are my toys I am leaving. tongue.gif

Hey james are these your marbles?

James it was great seeing you at the show.

How was that pizza and did you enjoy the walking?

[ 03-23-2002, 11:27 AM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Hey james are these your marbles?

Yes Jay they are my marbles, they rattled loose from my head when you ran with scissors through the South Hall at WESTEC right into me. smile.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

This program allow ONLY one undo!

Well, if you'd lay off the Esc key you prolly wouldn't get yourself in so much trouble now would you? wink.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifwink.gif

j/k

You'd think that you'd at least get to do a few undo's like 5 or 10.

As a long time free form modeler (Alias) I sometimes like to try different senerios to get my desired results. HUmmmm lets see.... Try it this way(nope) UNDO..... Hummmm lets see I'll try it that way.....Nope(undo)------- >Hummm lets try this AND that.... Nope(undo). DAG NABIT! ONLY ONE UNDO NOW I GOT TO DELETE ALL THIS STUFF & TRY AGAIN mad.gifeek.gifmad.gifrolleyes.gifmad.gif

Multiple undos & redos is a common standard funtion among many high end CAD & CAM systems. Many times i refuse to draw in Mastercam cause this feature is MISSIMG

Now thats a bug for ya !

Yup James I mean Alia$$$$ & CadCAM I know what you mean By finding a work around but for me its to much work to do that & very distracting (sp?)

I got Another pet peave/BUG/complaint/FLAW

Draw a arc------> Now draw a line from that arcs center at ANY angle thru that arc.

Go create/next menu/chamfer/Distances

Select your desired distances & pick the line & arc to chamfer.

Guess what folks frown.gifconfused.giffrown.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Your Screwed !!!!

Your allowed only line to line chamfering. AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE !

But in Solids you can chamfer an edge (arc to line) Solid . Soooooo

I tryed This simple Line to arc chamfering funtion in Autocad Cadkey Rhino Alias & Pro-E & they Allow arc to line Chamfering.

Btw I,m still using 8.1.1

James, have you seen Alias Wavefront.

That is some wicked software.

I want to play with this.

Ken I do find this kind of funny with you.

Yes mastercam can not do every thing all the other software’s do.

But it does seem to me you have most of them and know them so, I think you are personally covered.

This is great if you can master multiple software’s, wish I could. Not enough time for me or money to buy them all.

But there is not one software put there that does every thing you want or you would be just using that.

This is not intended as an attack, but as a blunt statement.

Because you are always talking about the other software you have and use.

This were my post comes from.

But my choice of software’s has defiantly come a long way over the years and it keeps getting better and better.

I am happy with this, yes some time I wish it had this or that.

But I all so know that this is how I would feel with the others too.

But I know with this software I have been able to cut every shape that has been put in front of me over the years.

Ok I will now shut my large hole.

Later J

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I've not seen Alias used, but I've seen the end results many times as have most of us (you just don't know it). Trophies, Cars, lots of organic stuff (which is what it excels at) etc... ad infinitum.

I always like to learn new things. The current project which I picked back up last night is MSVC++ (Thanks for the inspiration, Shadow biggrin.gif ). I just wish I wasn't so darn busy so that I could realy dive into it. If it's not work, it's school. If it's not school it's Baseball. Anybody else in favor of 30 hour days?

Jay

Please dont get me wrong I love My Mastercam.

And as for my use of those other high end software systems ,,,Well that came over time thru dealing with my contract programming customers that have them in there Cad Dept. Over time I have gained there complete trust & that has allowed me full access & play time. And over time if I like that program & can see a benefit to my bottom line & knowledge I bought it.

Jay I know couple of shops that has full blown Pro E 200i & they ONLY use it to convert native Pro-e files to Iges for Mastercam to cut it! Other than that it just sits there !!! So I play with it & yes The shop owner lets me take it & others packages home if I choose biggrin.gif

Mastercam cannot:( do a lot of things that those other systems can do. & there are a lot of things those other systems CANT do that Mastercam can biggrin.gif

But there HAS to be a point were all(pricy brand named)) cad/cam programs has to offer A BASIC pallet of common standard tools. And multipul Undos & redos Is one of them! Chamfer line to arc is another ( finally its in V9) What about chamfer arc to arc??? The list goes on.

OK who Stole my new V8 Mouse pad !!!!!!

Now i,m reallty pissed mad.gifmad.gif

http://www.profstudies.com/contact.htm

The prereqisist for the training is very strict & costly$$$ IF your weak eyed at hand sketching & have only limited surface & Cad knowledge the class would be a big waste of your time. These guys dont fool around.

I have faith that Mastercam will continue to improve & if my complaining seems harsh i just hope that it can be contructive.

I have installed version 9 and the associated updates on a Gateway 2.2 Ghz, Pentium IV box with an nVideo GeForce3 video card.

The problem that I am having is with the speed/feed calculations using the default Tools.TL9 library (I have not converted my Tools.TL8 library!). If I change the material, the speed/feed will recalculate if you use the "Calc. Speed/Feed" button - regardless of the selection of feed from tool or material in the job setup screen. Unlike in version 8.1.1, changing the "% of matl. cutting speed" or the "% of matl. feed per rev." has no effect - the speed/feed will not recalculate! Changing the number of flutes will allow a recalculation - as it should. In addition, if you manually change the speed/feeds, the displayed values in the "Define Tool - Parameters" page will not transfer to the tool path parameters page. Have I missed a setup checkbox somewhere else????

Puzzled in Colorado confused.gif