Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2SP1 Remachine problems

MattMj

Another Remachine Crash!

I really thought they had this fixed. It actually worked a few times and now with a more complicated remachine I get another crash and more lost work. One fix that works is to turn on finish passes on on the third tab but this adds time. Version X MR2 NEVER did this. I'm sorry if this sounds like I'm bitching but It's annoying because I use remachine allot. Any help would be appreciated.

It just crashes on remachine unless finish passes is turned on. This does not always happen but when it does it's annoying. I found an earlier post that says it's an ongoing problem that might be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for responding though.

When roughing with finish pass on, the cutter will take a pass along the surface and the boundry. This will add time to the program, and most of the time the boundry pass will be an air cut. I leave it off as much as possible, but on complex parts it will leave stock in deep pockets with this turned off. Then if you do a remachine you end up with a depth of cut deeper then your insert height. This = CRASH. Is a major pain in the @$$, the machine supervisor complains about programs cutting air or trashed cutters, one or the other, it never ends.