Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

working slow

rickt23

I work with solid models and I have a problem with them zooming or panning slowly. The file size averages 8.0 MB. My graphics card is Quadro NVS 285,128 MB memory. I also have a Pentium D cpu 3.40 GHZ processor and 3.5 GB memory. I'm trying to find out what I need to upgrade in order to get MasterCam to run better. If I unshade the model it rotates fine, but I need to be able to verify and compare to STL. Thanks

I don't think all graphics problems are system problems. I think the file has alot to do with graphic performance. I have one file that is a prime example of this. First note that almost all of my files are between 10 and 30 MB before toolpaths. I have 1 file that is of average size that has fits when I try to rotate, zoom, or pan when unshaded. If I shade the model it is great not a problem. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

headscratch.gif

quote:

Quadro NVS 285,128 MB memory

This video card is marginal at best. IMO

a Quadro FX-1500 in the base minumum for decent

video performace with large models.

One question, do you have wireframe on the solid?

all those lines and arcs can put a real drag on zoom and rotation performance.

If you do, try moving them to a layer by themslves

so you only have 1 entity ( the large solid)

on that layer.

Downrate with the chord height will speed your zooming and panning while in shade .IOW ,make chord height greater you will loose some quality and gain speed

When full-time shading is turned on, you can use the Shading Settings dialog box to define shading parameters such as color, ambient lighting, spot lighting, and other properties for the current drawing session.

~~~~~~~~~~

¨ Chord height. Enter a tolerance value for calculating surface shading. A lower tolerance produces smoother, more precise shading results.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Also you can use partial shade .

Do not use gradient background ,Translucent and custom light schemes

HTH