Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MCX2 MR1 shows extra surface

Nils N

I created this is X2sometime ago. Today I needed to open and check some dimensions. Since I had just installed X2 MR1 and hadn't open a file yet I thought this would be a good first file. When I opened it I got an extra surface shooting off from it as you see in the picture. I opened it then in X2SP1, though it was created in X2 and no extra surface. Any ideas as to why this would happen?

Opened in MCX2 MR1

openedinx2mr1.jpg

Opened in MCX2 SP1 openedinx2sp1.jpg

Funny thing. I had the exact same thing happen to me today as well. Almost identical result. The original part was machined in X2 SP1 and looked great. I opened the file in X2 MR1 today to make another part and I had the same problem. Not only that, I had two small surfaces missing. I tried importing the original ProE file in and those same surfaces were missing as well. Very strange, because the original was perfect.

Prosin,

Yes - please send me the file(s) if you can.

Chris P,

You're issue was different - it sort of looked the same (lines did shoot into space) but it was dimensions, not surfaces.

John W (and everyone else)

This may look like it appears and then disappears, but we narrowed Nils' problem down to a problem introduced when shading the surfaces. If you open it up in Wireframe, it looks fine. If you then Shade it, it looks bad. Switch back to Wirefram and it still looks bad. Shading is actually tweaking the surface NURB data.

We're looking at it...