Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cutter Comp not successful on hole contour

Zbuilder

Why can't a hole be countoured on any quadrant except the one at the 3 o'clock position (start & end points of the hole creation) ?

Doesn't matter is you use cutter comp or not, I always get a Citter Comp Not Successful error.

Right-click your geometry. Right click your chain then click Start Point, then click the Dynamic Start/End button & select another quadrant.

If you select anywhere else then it will work but never on the other 3 quadrants.

It's not a bug, your settings are incorrect to allow it to happen or your tool size is to close to the cutting size, if the movement on your lead/in lead out move interferes at all you will get this error every time it is something in your setup however, no bug.

wink.gif

BTW, that "new" circle mill button goes back to at least V8

If you're trying to chmafer mill there is an option when using contour to set a width and depth for a chamfer, on the parameters tab look down to the left at the drop down, look for chamfer

OK, here

code:

N100 T1 ( 1/4 CHAMFER MILL)

M6

(MAX - Z2.)

(MIN - Z-.09)

G00 G90 G54 X.012 Y.25 S3000 M03

G43 H1 Z2.

G08 P1 (LOOK-AHEAD ON)

Z.1

G01 Z-.09 F25.

G41 D1 X-.238 F15.

G03 X-.488 Y0. I0. J-.25

X.488 I.488 J0.

X-.488 I-.488 J0.

X-.238 Y-.25 I.25 J0.

G01 G40 X.012

Z.01 F50.

G00 Z2.

G08 P0 (LOOK-AHEAD OFF)

M05

G91 G28 Z0.

G28 Y0.

NAH, I need to get my point across biggrin.gif

Just think you'll only have to suffer until she either drops out or loses.

Could be what.. 2 yrs

30 minutes and he's a setup guy, huh?

Isn't that the purpose of the cutter comp so he can adjust size?

Don't get me started on things being driven by the some guy on the floor who doesn't know what he's doing.

wink.gif

Oh you've worked with those guys too??? ha ha Half if it is that & one guy will purposely change things (on a 2nd or more times running of a job, in a great running program that's been saved back), just to waste time so he doesn't have to setup up too many jobs. Then he try's to brag about how many things he "had" to change to make the oprogram run or run better. Don't know why he hasn't been fired yet, but that's managments call.

another thing may be to use "computer" for your offset instead of "control". I use this exclusively with the chamfer option. I have had alot of probs with using cutter comp on the chamfer (usually a gouge somewhere) so I defined my chamfer mill tool to what it actually is and then used the chamfer parameters to adjust how much of a chamfer I want.