Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

XYZ

HEAVY METAL

I AM PROGRAMMING FOR A HORZ. MILL .IS THERE A WAY IN MC 8.1.1 TO ROTATE THE XYZ AXIS SO THAT THE Y IS UP AND DOWN AND THE Z IS APPROACHING FROM THE FRONT INSTEAD OF TOP LIKE A VERTICAL MC.I HAVE TRIED TO CHANGE THE POST SETTINGS BUT MP STILL HAS THE Z AXIS APPROACHING FROM TOP WHEN STARTING KNEW FILE

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Not so loud!!!!!!! WHen you type in all caps, on the internet, and in e-mails it means yelling so if you would, just be sure to turn caps-lock off. Thankyou.

Now for your question, yes ther is a way to make that happen. Look for the following in your post;

# -----------------------------------------------

# Rotary Axis Settings

# -----------------------------------------------

vmc : 1 #0 = HMC, 1 = VMC

rot_on_x : 1 #Def. Rot. Ax. Orient., See ques. 164.

#0 = Off, 1 = About X, 2 = About Y, 3 = About Z

HMC = Horizontal Machine

I abbreviated some things for space reasons. You'll want to make it so that rot_on_x is what your rotary axis is rotating about.

I program for horizontals periodically and I just draw everything how it sits in the machine from the tool's perspective and I manage to stay out of trouble so top is 0 Degrees, and I create T/C planes to that I can see the the tombstone how I see it in the machines

JM2C