Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

sfm/chipload

Rick46

Wheres a good chart to help figure out speeds and feeds for cutters and chiploads as well.. mostly dealing with millstar and iscar cutters but carbide ball and flat bottom endmills as well.. just trying to educate myself.. I have never had the pleasure of attending a highspeed m aching course and have just run things with estimated values..trying to get more technical with my machining techniques..

thanks

The catalogs from the specific company of tooling you are after is likely the best place to start. If you can't find what you are looking for, check out their website, or call your local rep.

The rep's in my area are usually pretty helpful, and they give me a good base to start with the tooling we try out and I usually move up from there.

HTH

Is there a formula that can be used as a general rulel of thumb on figuring ipm, sft, spindle speed and things like that.. as I mentioned above I was thrown on the cnc's without and high speed training . I think I could improve my cut times if I were utilizing the tools to there maximum capablities.. thanks

hi

iscar provide me a book with all theese formulas

chip load

thinning factor

HP consumption

it's the "iscar IN dustry machining training package"

it's very usefull !!!

i had this when i bought the feed mill

(for hi speed machining that's the tool!!!)

As Randy said the manufacturers are going to be a good starting point.

From my experience they are just that though, a starting point, I'll

usually increase between 20-50%.

It is all going to depend on your machine tool and work holding.

PEACE biggrin.gif

well im using a 1 inch feedmill 2 insert from iscar and cant seem to locate any info on it on there site.. I have lost the book we had around here with info on it.. I also have a 1.5 inch iscar feedmill with 4 inserts in it.. just trying to fins specs for IPM,RPM and depth of cut..

thanks..

quote:

Icon 1 posted 18-04-2007 09:35 AM Profile for sr_7626@natl Email sr_7626@natl Edit/Delete Post well im using a 1 inch feedmill 2 insert from iscar and cant seem to locate any info on it on there site.. I have lost the book we had around here with info on it.. I also have a 1.5 inch iscar feedmill with 4 inserts in it.. just trying to fins specs for IPM,RPM and depth of cut..

thanks..

i use 2in feed mill with 4 inserts (gr ic928)

.035 deep 375ipm 1500rpm full cut (ramping) in 4340ht

i have a okuma mc-v4020B w cat50 and 20h

and NEVER change direction without a radius of less than .125