Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X2 MR1 Lathe Verify vs. Backplot

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The only way you will be able to do this post side is by buffering the X coordinate that you want and having it's output for the G70.

There is a problems still with this and that is if you are running rough and finish on OD and ID then you'll have your work cut out trying to figure out the way to buffer those.

The only bullet proof way to ensure you don't crash this is by not using it!! We are going to have to buy MATTS. yeah!

quote:

The changes coming with custom events make the old misc ops completely obsolete

I am talking about Stock transfer, Stock advance, and Stock flip. The older posts even version 9 will not work with these when updated to X, the skelton code is not there. Are we saying these Operations are obsolete?

And the G70 G71 cycles have always caused problems and crashes, the only work around is not to use them or program by hand...So why are they even there?

I do about 2/3 of my programming in lathe which we have a Mori NL1500SY with live tools, front and sub spindle servo axis and through hole in the sub spindle for doing really long parts using a "shuffle" motion to continue pulling stock.

I find I need verify over backplot in a lot of occasions because drilling C axis holes show up as the correct depth and position. In backplot if you have unroll on in rotary axis it shows the hole being drilled or feature being milled out of position because you have unrolled it.

Keith N.

Xerox Modelshop

Yes sorry if I wasn't clear. I know that it's like that but sometimes in C axis programming using Cross drill toolpathes or C-axis drill toolpathes can be a bit buggy and if you want to check that you have your settings correct for top of stock or depth the Verify will show it especially when translucent stock is used and backplot is to hard to see it when its being unrolled.

Keith N.

Xerox Modelshop

• 2 years later...

I have a part that looks good in backplot but has extra material on verify, usually they match but maybe I've just been lucky until now. My question: is backplot still the one to believe?everything looks 1/4" off in Z on the verify screen.TIA for responding.