Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Swept 2D toolpaths

within a thou

Obviously I am missing something I am trying to create a swept 2d toolpath in X2 and I am not chaining it properly. The form is a 90 arc across the face of a block SO I am first choosing the arc as my along then the length of the block as my across. With the intersection of the 2 as my defiining point. What is the proper order of selecting the geometry to get this cutterpath to work

quote:

mill in only one direction

The toolpath itself doesn't allow for that, but there is a chook that does. I think it's called Swept2R.dll. After you create your swept toolpath, run the chook. You'll also have options of adding roughing passes with the chook, but I don't like they way it works. Maybe I don't understand how to use it.

Thad

quote:

I was just curious how many use this swept toolpath regularly

I use 2D Swept more than any of the other wireframe toolpaths and I use it regularly. In the last 3 days, (off the top of my head) I used it at least 14 times.

Welcome to the forum! cheers.gif

Thad

swept2r works o.k. to convert to a roughing toolpath. It is what it is, no entry options (draw your own), it's not a consistant stepover (based on where the swept 2d made a pass), etc... But it does work to create a roughing toolpath.

I don't use it to convert to a one way milling finish toolpath, as it modifies the nci data and then "locks" the toolpath. So everytime you want to make an edit you need to unlock, regen, re-run the chook. Instead, if you make your toolpath cut a closed chain and use the toolpath trim function to make it only cut the area you want it will cut in one direction and it stays associative. Make a change and just do a regen and your ready to go.

I use swept 2D all the time. The trim function is very useful with ALL of the wireframe toolpaths.

JM2C