Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

lathe-stock

Rakesh

Hi guys,

I have this problem from long time and I don't know what I am missing. When I put all the information in stock set up in lathe, by using "Use Margins" tab and it diplay the stock with no problem but when I have to go back this page for some reasons and open up the "use margin tab" the value which I used earlier in left right margin is not there and every thing for the stock display is like for the begining. So how can I make it to display my last values which I put in right margin and left margin box.

Thanks in advance

I wish it was usable that way. lets say you did a job and 3 months later the same job came back and you wanted to look at what size stock you used so you could order it again. It would be real handy to be able to look at what size you used last time but Chris is right it always reverts to the wrong size.

Keith N.

If you want to battle over every single Lathe issue there is you are in for a LONG uphill struggle that you will eventually lose anyway. I understand that you are frustrated, Don, but there are VERY simple workarounds to this particular issue so I would save your energy for more difficult items.

quote:

when I have to go back this page for some reasons and open up the "use margin tab" the value which I used earlier in left right margin is not there and every thing for the stock display is like for the begining

Looks like this has been corrected in the most current SP.

What I am looking for is how can defaults be set for this page?

In my installation of x2 I don't have a "Use Margins" tab. I use the "stock set up" under the most recent machine definition I'm using and do it by "parameters". Stock stays put just like it ought to and can be refered to at a later date.

In the machine / control definition (default config) you can adjust some of the defaults for what you might most commonly run.