Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

EZ Path Bridgeport

ruger2

Forgive me for asking this question here, but if there is anyone who knows anything about EZ Path

Bridgeport CNC/manual lathes could you please email me. We inherited one and don't have a clue as to how and start it. I just figured with all of the expertise here someone knows something

about this lathe.

Thanks

Ruger2

Sorry for not getting back Nathan, I left at 3:00pm yesterday. I really don't know as there are no manuals. My guess is that it is conversational. We found a disk that has EZ-PATH version B25/5.13 update. We can get the computer to come up and show menu choices, but I heard the fist thing you have to do is get it to the home position. We don't know what menu choice to use to accomplish that.

Ruger2

Thanks mrk1500,

We did that and it does run the diagonistics, but after the diagonistics run the main screen comes up and beside the word EZ-PATH it says,

>>status: NO BMDC,DESKTOP' HIT ENTER'.

Is this some sort of error message?

Ruger2

After reboot, I hit 3 and the message says:

POWER/ON MANUAL

>>SELECT FUNCTION<<

It shows X and z coord. and other selections.

If I hit the Green key + it goes to:

POWER/ON BLOCK

>>SELECT FUNCTION<<

Should I make some other selection before hitting the green key?

These messages I mention are in the upper right corner of the screen.

Ruger2

on ours 3 means move absolute + means do the function selected. our machine is a 95 or 1996 model. we put in a new harddrive and updated to the latest software but functions and screens are basicly the same. does yours have a different key for move abs.

Our software says 1993. When I reboot, 3 is the first key I hit. When the POWER/ON MANUAL

screen comes up, there is a "MOV ABS" key which is also key 3. If I hit 3 again a little screen comes up in the upper right corner that says:

RAPID

ESC=CANCEL

DIA.ABS 0.0000

Z ABS 0.0000

What to do from here?

banghead.gifbanghead.gif

after you start up the machine and it runs diagnostics in the upper left it should say machine not homed hit move absolute. on ours 3 is move absolute. then it says moving axis to home position. + is to do move on our machine. it should go home if you are on the rite screen.