Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

NC to DXF file

David Colin

Hi!

I just wrote this program for personal use and perhaps it could be useful to someone else.

To sum up, this program creates a .DXF file from a CNC G-codes file (Fanuc style).

Main features:

- Support imbricated subprograms calls (M98 P___) on several levels

- Support drill cycles and draw drill points

- Colour codes (G0/G1-G2-G3/ G1 with control compensation(CC) / G2 with CC / G3 with CC / helix indicator / ...)

- DXF entities are drawn on separate layers to isolate each tool. Each tool has 2 layers (1 for fast moves and 1 for machining moves). Moreover, to be useable and to be able to hide some layers quickly, these layers are organised with 2 groups.

- Support absolute/incremental programming (G90-G91)

- Support origin shifting (G54->G59) and G92 syntax

- Support positionned 4th-axis

Limits: 4th-axis must be called with a M-code (M45/M71 or M85) followed by a commentary indicating angular position (0-360deg). 4th axis must be around X. Origin shifting shouldn't work correctly.

There are 3 NC-files included into archive to test and learn from.

* One aims to show 4th-axis syntax, one is mainly to show G92 shifting and subprograms calls and the other... well, it's only another one!

Warning: To process correctly your NC program must be init a standard way.See samples.

:0001 'Any NC number

M30 'End of program

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to mail me: [email protected]

Hope to read some feedbacks!

NB: Setup program is in french but NC2DXF itself is english translated. Even if setup is in french, it's really a child game to install. Just click OK, then on the Computer icon, then OK again and that's all.

PS:I developped .DXF format to import with Mastercam V9.1. Colour codes and/or importation may be inappropriate with other versions.

Download here

URL updated if someone needs this tool!

Edited by David Colin
  • 4 weeks later...

I just made a little update. Still no preview (don't really need to make another NCplot)

Rev. History

------------

V1.0 - Initial release

V1.1 - Added M98 Pxxxx Lxxxx syntax (repeat subs X times)

- Now helical moves are drawn with splines. Sweeping step is 10degs for full circle and 5degs for arcs

- 4th-axis can now be called with any adress

- Added points cloud feature. It creates points on a new level for toolpathes G1/G2/G3. It's not only create points at start/end of entities but divide lines, arcs and helix. There is a tolerance parameter to play with (number of points to create/unit).

- Minor bugs fixed

Hope to read some feedbacks.

Download here

• 4 weeks later...

A new update.

V1.2

- NEW: Added linear interpolation with 4th-axis (only with G1 code at the moment). I joined a sample NCprogram (NC2DXF pic below).

- FIX: ABS/REL programming with 4th-axis

I'd like to read some feedbacks: Does it work with your postprocessors ?

NB: Simultaneous is only enabled with G1 code. Direction of rotary axis is indicated by sign of its value. Simultaneous machining is only enabled with a real adress call (not M-code). If you need this feature, mail me.

Download here

nc2dxf.jpg

nc2dxf2.jpg

[ 08-03-2007, 09:18 AM: Message edited by: David Colin ]

• 10 months later...

David,

Any chance this could be compiled in English

This request comes up occasionally and being in English would be easier for some on this side of the pond to understand

NC2DXF is translated (see capture in previous post), except setup (which is really basic) and some error messages which shouldn't occur in usual operating.

Anyway, if anyone encounters problems or have requests, just E-mail me. I usually answers fastly and can tweak a little my prog to suit your needs (last update was a request from a user).