Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc,Makino options

DavidB

I have an A66 Makino with a 5-axis rotary table.

I have since found out G93 is the prferred way to run simultaneous 4 and 5 axis toolpaths.

I have enabled the G93 option. eek.gif

I have contacted the Makino reseller as I can not use SGI with simultaneous toolpaths either with G01 or G93.

I had this reply from them

quote:

SGI Function for A66 5-XR is an option,

It is called 5X RWH,

It is quite expensive to add on to machine now, (approx $x,xxx) unfortunately this function should have been optioned at the beginning)

Faunc and Makino engineers will be required to add function in and tune the machine axis to suit

Any one heard of 5X RWH?

Also I want to know whats the best way to run the machine in it's current configuration at this point in time,G01 or G93?

David,

You do have the option of running it as normal without inverse feed. If memory serves me the new advanced 5 axis toolpaths have a feedrate compensation feature. Can't remember where as I don't have a seat anymore. If there aren't too many wild axis changes you might get away with it.

Bruce

Why not just use G43.4 ( RTCP ) This solves all problem's regarding correct setup position of the part and also feedrate as G43.4 always calculate the feed at the tooltip.

SGI works together with G43.4

For indexing ( 3+2 ) you can use G68.2

I've tested these functions on a Makino MAG3EX and they work perfect.

Best regards

Mic

+1 Mic

We use G43.4 on our 2 Mag3EXs and 2 Mag3s, and run SGI at the same time.

I've heard of another option to use SGI on both simultaneous and tilt and lock, but the bosses here decided against it because of the cost.

Never heard it called "5X RWH" though.