Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Wear vs. Control Comp

David Perron

David Perron,

"Report to the Principal's Office NOW!" biggrin.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif J/K But seriously, do a "Search" above and you will find many a topic with this same argument. I know I told you about the differences between the compensation switches when you were here for training. If you need a refresher, come in for a Tech Day. Or simply call and ask. I've provided others with some good reasons for their supervisors but to those on the floor here's one very good reason: they won't be responsible for scrap unless they try to put in the full tool size to adjust it. Then all bets are off.

The key here is to educate. Knowledge is power. The power to adjust programs without having to go back into Mastercam to change it. The power to lead in/out in tight areas only slightly larger than the tool. The power to apply the compensation to the toolpath before the cutter gets any where near it, (eliminates gouging due to Control not activating comp until the end of the first linear move). There are plenty of other reasons. HTH cheers.gif

Mayday,

Entertaining post w/8 monkeys. biggrin.gif "Oh. So that's why." wink.gif