Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What does Non-Manifold mean?

Vince B

Generally if you are going to do a cut on some sort of solid geometry, if there a piece of leftover solid, that will create 2 separate solids, you get this error. Usually you have to adjust your cutting geometry to make sure the leftover section is cleared away on the cut

The error you describe results in a disjoint body. It's a different error. That one is second nature to me by now.

Is it a different case of the same problem? It only seems to happen when performing boolean operations. Of course a cut through a solid is a boolean operation but it is different somehow....

Thad,

I did a quick test solid rectangle then completly cut through it with another rectangle which would have resulted in two distinct solids and got the "disjoint" error. But I think I have gotten both errors from that in the past. Again I guess it's a similar case of the same problem if that makes any sense...I was attempting a boolean common operation when I got the non-manifold error this time.

Jim,

Thank you for the definition. Since I'm almost entirely self taught on Master Cam there are probably some large holes in my personal knowledge base. I had never come across that tid-bit. Is there a list of error descriptions or definitions somewhere? I've never found one in the manuals or online help. Might be a good addition to future versions or maybe a data base on the web page?

Thanks for the help guys.

Vince

• 1 month later...