Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Shading error on large file

Mark H

I have a 375 meg file (around 50,000 surfaces - no toolpaths). When I try to shade it I get an error...

quote:

opman

Not enough memory available

FYI - My system has 2 gigs of ram. The video card is Quadro FX 1400 with 128 mb. (Nvidia drivers, NOT Dell's) Running dual monitors at 1280 x 1042 with 32 bit color.

Also there is a progress bar at the bottom that shows 1/4 done while attmepting to shade before the error popped up. So on a different attempt I was able to hide 3/4 of the surface and had no problems with shading.

Any ideas? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to change? MC settings, video card setting?

Axela 06 thanks for your reply... Yeah, I looked at that, but I think that is only for toolpaths, not shading - it was set to 50% - 1 gig.

However I did get to shade the entire file and here is what I did;

Turned down the color depth in windows from 32 bit to 16 bit. I was able to shade 75% before the error popped up this time - some progress...

Then I went into the MC's System configuration, Shading options and changed the Parameter - Chord height from .0005 to .001 (inch) and all is well!