Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vista graphics issues

DaveR

link

I saw this advice, it did not help.

using vista ultimate

I'm running an intel MB with 3gig dual core chip, 4 megs ram, 2 NVIDIA 8800 GTS cards in SLI latest nforce drivers.

Latest MCX2 mill 3 version

When I drag a line or anything across the screen it whites the screen out with a big smudge, screen will reset with clear colors, looks like a video card or driver issue but I'm not sure what might fix it.

Any ideas?

Dave

Running X2 MR1, and disabling the desktop composition did nothing for me.

Running Inhell Core 2, Nvidia 7900 and Vista Ultimate.

Perhaps some of you guys could share what Vista drivers are approved for use with MR1. I would greatly appreciate it as the only way I can get rid of graphics issues right now is to disable Mastercam from even using the graphics card.

I would love it if Nvidia came out with drivers that were made for Vista that supported my 7900GS mobile. But I am stuck with either Dell's which were pretty bad, or modded ones from others.

Craig, you say the latest, could you tell me exactly what ver. you are running.

my laptop came with vista on it and its been nothing but trouble since ....X and solid works would not work on it .....X 2 would scrimp along with video problems ....so in went the xp pro disc ...now i have X and solid works ....but no X2

kind of a bad trade off I should not have to deal with ...but anybody got another operating system that will run all 3? with no issues?

cause I'll buy it ....got no qualms with that

Every so often I get line displays like that. But my main problem was that after I would verify, wierd things would happen. Like if I scrolled over the toolpaths, the main window would flip back and forth from the verified part, to the wireframe toolpath.

Now, granted I am not using straight from Nvidia drivers. But these work great in everything else I use in Vista. Solidworks, 3DS Max, Maya, ACAD 02, and 07 and Rhino. Never had any problems like this in those programs. I also never had to disable some of Vista's features to get them to run correctly.