Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

coolant on

FRED CRETELLA

quote:

isn't there any default setting in "operation defaults" that would work?

Turning coolant on or off is tool specific, not operation specific. If your tool is defined to use coolant, that's what will happen when it's used, regardless of what type of operation you're doing.

Thad

Actually, you can make the coolant work like a "default" setting. I have found that if you turn on your coolants in the operation defaults, then un-check the box that says "use tools step, peck, coolant." you will get the results that you are looking for. ( you can also set this in the operations defaults so that you only have to un-check it once ! )

You won't be able to take advantage of the tools step and peck by doing it this way. ( I never liked setting the step and peck here anyway, even in V9.x )

As others have said "save default setting" after you have made your changes.

Hope this helps,

Mike

I stand corrected. I replied from memory earlier and the dialog box I had pictured in my mind is in the operation parameters, not the tool parameters. I also use "use tool's step, peck, coolant," which contributed to my flawed thinking. redface.gif

Ignore my previous reply.

Thad

Fred,

You will have to open up the control definition, then open the operation defaults. You should now have all the operations listed. Open each operation individually and turn on the coolants. (I know it's a pain, but you will only have to do this once.) While you are in the operation defaults, un-check the "use tools step, peck, coolant." in the tool settings page.

When you are done setting all your coolants be sure and "save default setting"

*tip*

You can also set your operation page parameters to the defaults you like here also.

Hope this helps,

Mike

You can access operation defaults through the toolpath manager. In the machine group properties, click Files. Toward the bottom, you'll see Operation Defaults. Make sure the correct .DEFAULTS file is displayed (defaults.DEFAULTS is the "out of the box" default, I think) and click the "!". Now you can make any changes to any operation type that you'd like. After you make your changes and exit out, you should be all set. This method eliminates the need to go into the control def.

Thad