Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe Stock Transfer

Hey all,

Playing with the lathe stock transfer and having trouble getting the jaws to place right. Wondererd if someone with experience in transfers can shoot me a hand.

I have a part that is 11.12" long holding in the jaws by 1.25" long. The second set of jaws is set to Z100. (just for a number out of ... nowhere) and the zero step on the jaws 1.25" in from the jaw face on the sub spindle.

When every I do a stock transfer it seems to move the jaws to be inside the part and not on the od, although the OD of the jaws is set to the right dia. and the jaws move inside the part on the Z.

I had messed around with this for hours and dont seem to be any closer to figuring it out...

Thanks for any help that can be given!

Randy is this on the machine or in Mastercam? I have never really liked the transfer function in Mastercam. I just do it like the file I sent you some time ago I set up the 1st operation in one chuck and the 2nd operation in another chuck I then use 2 different work offsets on the machine and just hack the transfer together.

HTH