Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MP heid post. Helix ramp

fredrik_r1

GENERIC HEIDENHAIN 3 AXIS POST

MP 9.0 For mastercam V 9.0 mill level 3 SP1

I vant the post to write the codes different. when I make a helix ramp the postprocessor write the codes in steps.

3 L Z+50 R F MAX M

4 L X+20 Y+0 R F MAX M03

5 L Z+10 R F MAX M8

6 L Z+0 R F60 M

7 CC X0. Y0.

8 CP IPA+360 Z-5 DR+ R F140 M

9 CC X0. Y0.

10 CP IPA+360 Z-10 DR+ R F M

11 CC X0. Y0.

12 CP IPA+360 Z-15 DR+ R F M

13 CC X0. Y0.

14 CP IPA+360 DR+ R F M

15 L Z+50 R F MAX M

I want the post to write the codes like this.

3 L Z+50 R F MAX M

4 L X+20 Y+0 R F MAX M03

5 L Z+10 R F MAX M8

6 L Z+0 R F60 M

7 CC X0. Y0.

8 CP IPA+1080 Z-15 DR+ R F140 M

9 CC X0. Y0.

10 CP IPA+360 DR+ R F M

11 L Z+50 R F MAX M

If I can get the name ? of the z depth variable (Z-15) in helix ramp and the variable for z step in this case 5 mm I think i can fix it like this.

#Circularinterpolation pcir

sweep = (z depth/step)*360

if z = z depth variable, n, strcc, xc, yc, e

if z = z depth variable, n, strc, sweep, z, *sgcode, pcc, pfr, pspdl

Please can somone help me??

[ 09-20-2007, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: fredrik_r1 ]

Hi Fredrik,

I would not recommend the changes you want.

The IPA is limited to +/-5400, if you need more then you also have to breakup.

When you have to mill a lot of holes you can use: Cycle 208 (Bore milling), i've added that cycle to my drill cycles im mcam.

I've never tried cycle 208 on any of our machines. Reading about it however in the manual, it looks as if it makes a helix, a cleanup pass, returns to center, and repeats the process until it gets to depth. Is that correct? All our machines are running right now so I can't test run the cycle to see it in motion.

I fully understand where fredrik_r1 is coming from. We do a lot of helical milling here and the program length can become quite long. Which wouldn't be a major problem but when the programs get to a certain length, some of our machines pause ever so slightly between lines. Which can cause chatter at the 360 degree point of the the helix on each pass. To be able to have the machine make it's 15 passes per line would be nice.

If cycle 208 makes a cleanup pass and returns to center on every pass that would seem to waste a lot of time compared to making a direct helix to depth.

Again, The above statement is soley based on what I read in the book. If cycle 208 will helix directly to the bottom, I will look at adding this to our posts as well.

Rick

quote:

Reading about it however in the manual, it looks as if it makes a helix, a cleanup pass, returns to center, and repeats the process until it gets to depth. Is that correct?

That's it !!

as said I've added that cycle to my drill toolpaths, the only bad is that verify dos'nt put in the right diameter of the holes.

We have printed copies of the TNC guide for our machines. And I agree, from what I read, it will always make that cleanup and return to center.

Henk, in your above statement, you suggested not changing the helical milling to allow for larger than 360 degree angles because of the 5400 degree limitation. Was there a problem with this other than adding the logic to determine how many 5400 degree passes to make and how many degrees for the last pass to achieve full depth?

Just curious. I could see this as a future project for myself as it could greatly shorten the length of some of the programs we generate.