Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Surface finish parallel

ebottens

So I am kellering a 1.5in rad on the front and back edge of a block of aluminum. I used two different toolpaths, the parameters are the same on both of them. When you backplot it, the starting Z depths are different by .06 and when you read the code they are stepping over different ammounts too. Whats going on to make that happen?

Put your surfaces on different levels and make sure you select the same surfaces for each operation. I keep my geometry, surfaces and solids on different layers for this very reason. It is easy to select the wrong surface if your not careful. If you put them on different levels you can turn off what you dont need.

they are on different levels, I do that for the same reasons you do and also to help my eyes out a little. So I dont know how much of a problem it really will be, as long as it comes out right in the machine. And they are running it like that right now to see if it will come out ok. Thanks for your help toolman

The surafces are not an exact mirror of each other thats why that have different starting Z values.

I mirrored the left side surface and used the mirrored surafce in your second toolpath and now both toolpaths are identical they start at Z-1.803.

HTH