Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Libary

GREG

When ever I go into my tool libary the default seems to be that it lists tools in order of dia.

I want it to be by tool No# , I know you just click tool No# a couple of times to get them in order but why do it if I dont have to.

Thanks in advance

Greg, if you have V9 I don't know but I do know if you have 8.x you simply can't do that. The original 7.0 did it numerically but with subsequent 7.X updates they went to damn diameters. I understand why it is like that, but for my particular app it messed me up. I complained about it in a WAY earlier post and still believe it should be an option. On page 2 of: Wish list topic

frown.gif

[ 04-19-2002, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: JAMMAN ]

Greg,

Another option is to set your Tool Filter in the Tools Manager to only look for tools of a certain type when you open the library file. Setting the Filter in your job's tool list will carry over those Filter settings to any library you open by right-clicking in the tools manager and selecting "Get from library". Clicking only once on the Tool Number column heading arranges all the tools in either the tool list, or library, by their sequential numbers. Clicking on it again reverses the order of tools. The tools in the library are otherwise listed alphabetically, according to their descriptions, then by diameter. HTH smile.gifbiggrin.gifsmile.gif