Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam wages.

beaver

What is an average pay in your area for MasterCam programmer / CNC tool & die maker.

I quit , but now I'm thinking of going back in to Cad/Cam. I'm a journey man tool and die maker and have been making molds , stamping dies , forging dies for past eight years on different CNC and manual machines.I've used EzCam from Bridgport and MasterCam for all programming and did all programming my self on the shop floor. I have around 2000 hours in MasterCam , 1000 hours in AutoCad 14/2000 ( part time job ) , 500 hours in Solid Works ,500 hours in IMSI Solid Modeler v2 / TurboCad and some CadKey v7. Right now I'm a 80.000 sq. feet, none production job shop foreman where we do just about anything from all types of materials.Most of the work is done on manual machines and all CNC machines are conversational where I don't use any of my Cam/Cad skills.This is why I'm thinking of looking for a different job , but don't know what kind of pay can I expect. I'm at $24 / hr.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Denver Colorado

The average pay scale in this area is from $18 to $25 depending on your skills. It sounds like you would be on the high end.

Its a great state to live in. Mountains are just minites away. Cost of living is just a little above average for the nation. Jobs are easy to find right now.

------------------

Val

[This message has been edited by Carl Vallance (edited 10-25-2000).]

Eastern Iowa, Western Illinois area ; I'm at $18/ hr. Doing nothing but CAM in our mold shop. There is a little bit of CAD involved with the programming we do, but not very much.

It sounds to me like you (beaver) are in a great situation. One I would like to be in some day (with the exception of the foreman gig). I would like to be able to continue doing programming but also have the luxury of running some of my programs in our CNC mills, then maybe even following the job over to the manual machining side of things.

I guess as long as you're thinking about going back to CAD/CAM, ask yourself if you could sit in front of a computer most of the day. I'm finding out after 6 years of doing just that, it might not be for me.

A good programmer in San Diego can earn up to $35 p/hr. These are the mold/prototype people that don't know fourth or fifth axis. Obviuosly, the more you know, the more you get. You also need to look and see what type of company it is. Are the doing bio-tech stuff, etc...You know, really cutting edge. this will greatly have an influence on your salary.

------------------

Trevor Bailey

[email protected]

(Southern California Dealer - San Diego)

treveor thoses jobs for that kind of pay are hard to find...

but yes they are out there i would say in the los angles area it is from 20 to 30.

the last job that i worked 40weeks was $29.00 hour and all i did was program all day.

but have seen the same person doing every thing for 20hr. you just need to look.

------------------

jay/ aka cadcam

Precision Programming

cnc programming &

Predator reseller

email: [email protected]

web: www.ppcad.net