Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cursor color

kuei

jamman is right on the ball.

windows me

asus a7n266e motherboard with onboard geforce2 chip

black cursor on black background. prefer background to be black.

what to do?

[ 04-22-2002, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: kuei ]

Do not use the on board Video and by a better video card.

Do a search on the board we have gone over this one a few times.

The on board cards if you want to call it, do not work well with this.

All so there are problems with WinMe

Sorry sir.

Now Jamman what kind of sandwich did you want?

[ 04-22-2002, 11:23 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]

Smoked turkey and american cheese, mayo.

Kuei,

Search "black cursor" on this forum, I believe there are some older video drivers that might work. The problem with getting another card is you will have to get a PCI model because I bet you don't have an AGP slot eventhough in properties of the current onboard it probably says "AGP". So the best solution would be to immediately upgrade to either Win2k pro and detonator XP drivers, or like Jay said, get a better video card. Both would be ideal for Mastercam. Make sure when you put the card in to dis-able the onboard video in the bios before booting the OS.

I think you can still get Matrox G400 in PCI.

I can taste the turkey now............

Double confirmed. the asus a7n266e has an AGP slot. But after reading about the board, I would strongly recommend trying Win2kpro 'cause it doesn't seem like a bad combo and I read several good reviews. If you don't have 2 memory sticks in it, get another one. Maybe the "all in one" boards are evolving a little...............

the motherboard is one of the latest and greatest form asus. yes it has an agp 4x pro slot. the problem with getting a different video card is that since the on board chipset was made by nvidea they did their best to insure that only nvidea agp (geforce) cards will work with this motherboard. yes i have diabled the onboard graphics chip in while trying to use other agp cards and they all performed poorly (none of which were nvidea cards due to the fact that i already had these other cards i stole from my other other pc's to test). before i changed to this new motherboard everything ran fine under windows me so that's not the problem. so rather than invest in any more pc upgrades i think i can survive with a different background color no matter how much it pains me.

thanks to all who helped me realize the root of this problem.

kuei

quote:

before i changed to this new motherboard everything ran fine under windows me

Win 2k pro is a much better and much more stable OS. It doesn't include the cool wallpaper that ME has, but if you aren't gaming get a NT based OS for your apps. There are people running MX cards that have a white cursor in NT, I'm 99% sure that it will cure the problem. Win2k pro will load as an upgrade. If you lived close enough, I would prove it to you........... biggrin.gif