Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Trochoidal Toolpath On A Lathe

robk

Our turning programmer will be out for a few months and I will have to jump into his shoes for a while. He uses Mastercam X2 for turning.

I have no experience in turning and my crash course with pinky is on November 6th (something about him being on vacation rolleyes.gif J/K John).

We are working on a very big project, and I was told we need to use trochoidal path to machine out some deep grooves. I looked in the help menu and the only trochoidal paths that were mentioned were for milling. Is there any for turning that Mastercam offers?

You can use most all milling tool paths in lathe, if you have a Y-axis on your lathe, and proper PP. Mplmaster works good.

Define your planes (3-D model helps) like you would in mill. Pick your Machine Type (Lathe)/ toolpaths/mill/what ever toolpath/and now you are in turn-mill toolpaths Y or C axis, depending on your (Rotary axis button).