Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Facets in Verify???

banister

When I verify my tools' cuts leave facets even on clean arcs with filter turned on or off.

I've got my verify settings set to tool tolerance .0001 and quality maxed out.

It started about 3-4 weeks ago. I can't figure out what changed. I think its my computer because I can load the file on my co-horts computer and it verifies correctly.

Frustrated here in Pflugerville,

Kyle

PS, Do all your bosses know how much you folks frequent the board or do you wait 'til you get home??? My boss yells at us if he doesn't see mcam up and us clicking the mouse.

Sometimes i get this feeling that someone is watching me. I turn around and its my boss just standing there. He has this look like "what the heck am i paying this guy for." He says nothing though because once he said something and i walked out of the building and didnt come back till the next day. He seems to always be there in the only moment that im not cranking away on the cam.

I've seen 'puters act differently with the exact same installation. If it's just 2D contouring, you can just look at the NC file and tell if it's right, but 3D surfacing is where the heavy prices are paid if what you see in verify is different than what you see on the part...

Mike DeButts is your local Tech. Support Hero.

P.S.

I'm with MLC Cad Systems, so this is part of the job...

If I had a shop, and some of these guys working for me that frequent this forum instead of hammering out code, I'd have a talk with them on the carpet.

But, I know this forum is very informative, so keep up the good work guys!

I have the same problem, but mine started after I began messing with machine/control definitions, posts, and tool libraries. The mpmaster definition and post was downloaded from here. I can reduce the faciting by select sharp or none instead of roll coners. Small radii still look messed up though. They bump out away from the corners. Reading the code after posting does show the correct cutter path though. It's extremly annoying. If I find a solution, I'll return with more info.

Heh...fixed it on my comp. Set the quality to max and all the geometric anomalies disappeared. Good rads at top, bottom, and throughout the form. This was a 2d drawing btw. I guess I just need to configure the default setting to max quality for that post. I'll try it on the POS comp we use at work and see if it makes a difference. It's way under powered.