Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool bar icons?

Rory

Hello all,

Its been a while.

We installed Mastercam on a different computer yesterday. we have 8.1. I transfered the post, and configuration files to the new computer, but when i start Mastercam the tool bar at the top only shows numbers, no icons.

confused.gif

Rory

Rory,

When Mastercam V8.1 was installed, was it located in the root directory as C:Mcam8.1, instead of C:Mcam81? The difference is in the period. The O/S views that as a separator for file extensions. If this was done with the Mastercam installation, uninstall it completely and re-install it into either C:Mcam8 or C:Mcam81, the latter if you don't want to overwrite V8.0. My advice is to overwrite V8.0 anyway and then update to V8.1.1 Mastercam, after installing V8.1 in the C:Mcam8 root directory. V8.1.1 has all the bug fixes and latest and greatest application functions for V8. Additional patches including translator updates and things will only work if you have V8.1.1. First thing is to look in Windows Explorer at the root directory and see if there's a period in the directory name. HTH smile.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Heres a short cut, Delete the Mill8.cfg file. Mastercam will rebuild it next time, then you can just make the necesssary changes to suit your needs.

JM2C

We uninstalled MC, then reinstalled.

I made the changes as needed and saved them as an assigned cfg.

Now I can have it set up the way I like to run with out affecting the next guy.

Thanks for the help.

Rory