Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Select Machine Achievable Toolplane Error??

I'm just getting into mastercam for our Horiz. boring mills and am experimenting with the work offsets & post yada yada yada...

I created a block that I face milled 3-sides, the top and both ends to test the post. When I post

I get this error message:

"Select Machine Achievable Toolplane Error with Y-Axis along machine Y - Set & Repost"

I have set my planes correctly as far as I can tell with the Y-axis of all 3 planes going along the World Z-axis.

I thought the machine def was screwed up but that looks ok with Y+ set to the world Z+ direction.

What's strange is the code looks fine. Work offsets and all.

Anyone get this error before?

No, your rotation on the MCAM screen will be around Z.

In your post it will be mapped to be output properly.

That;s likely why you are getting the error, the post cannot achieve what you have programmed

Got it, seems the limits in the mach. def for the rotary axis were all set to 0 for some reason.

Thank you much! I think I'm on my way to understanding these how these planes work. I even had training at our reseller and the trainer couldn't give me a good explaination of how they work.

BTW, he was just recently fired, no big suprise to me.

Thanks,

Scott

Search for a switch called one_rev. Disable it. One_rev sets all indexing output between 0-360. It's only applicable for indexing ops though.

Reason behind your tool plane error:

3/4-axis posts do not do any mapping. Code is supplied to the post already mapped. This mapping is done before the post gets hold of the coordinates.

For horizontal machines the table rotates about the machine Y, so Mastercam rotates your current toolplane about it's Y around to the base plane (that's the front where the tool comes from).

For verticals, same thing. The current plane is rotated about it's own X (because the machine rotates about it's X). This becomes a problem on the back toolplane. It's X faces the opposite direction. So, you must rotate it 180 deg (to gets it's X to line up with machine X) then Mastercam's mapping will work for you.

Sound confusing? It is.

5-axis posts don't work like this. you can just pick any plane you like and it just works. This is because all mapping is done in the post so we've got a little more control over it.

Brett