Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verisurf STL entity

If anyone makes toolpaths on STL files, you will be happy to know that the Verisurf REVERSE product has a free STL mesh entity that can be saved into the Mastercam database, you can also read in an STL file from the Mastercam File Open menu. biggrin.gif

STLREAD.PNG

I added the Verisurf X2MR2 Install on the Beta site.

After the Beta testers tell me it works good, then I will make it avalable.

Ernie

[ 12-07-2007, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Verisurf - Ernie Husted ]

Hi Jay,

I think I looked at Solid-view in the past.

Why would I use Solid-view when I have Mastercam Design?

Did you try out the new Verisurf X2MR2 install? If not the link is located on the Beta forum.

The UGRead for X2 MR2 supports NX5 plus FD&T now.

I can use some help making demo videos, if you’re interested give me a call.

Ernie

looks good ernie...i have another challenge for you. it is nice that we can now see a shaded STL model for machining, but even with the file that you show, there will be undercuts every where. so here is my challenge(request) to you.......since we now have a shaded model, how about a utility to create "slices" of that model to be machined individually, then once all parts machined, the user can stack them back together.

i have a dental customer that machines nothing but STL files and this utility would save him huge amounts of time. he makes full bone structures of the mouth, teeth, etc.... he is getting a 5ax machine soon, but for now, he is having to come up with some pretty crazy set ups.

what are your thoughts?

for what you have right now ernie, i think this tool is going to be great. just having hte ability to actually make multiple parts files from one, add them to seperate levels, machine them all seperately and then when finished, glue them all back together.....makes me all "giddy" to think about it.

oh, did i mention the fact that we can now SEE the actual STL file that we want to machine......very nice.

• 1 month later...