Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dual graphics card support

NC-X

I haven't felt the need to throw another 8800GTS in this box so I can not say for certain. I can not however see why it would not. As I understand it you would still use a single or dual monitor and MCAM does run in both set ups.

Yeah but I still wonder if Mastercam supports dual graphics cards. Imagine throwing another 8800GTS in the box only to find out that it is not supported. Doh! That would be unpleasant.

Do you have the 640MB or 320MB? How's your verify

working out for ya? I want to get a new monster box but I want to be sure that it will all be supported. Another question would be does MC support dual processors? Just trying to do some research before I buy.

I have the 640 meg version of the card.

Verify works but it still isn't great, never was, never will be as near as I can tell.

Mastercam while it runs on multi core/processors it does not implicitly support them. There is no "hard" information released on w hen MCAM will support multi core processors but it is supposed to be being worked on.

I am hoping to see it for release with X3 but I don't know.

The good thing with multi core is you can run multiple sessions, locking them to a core or processor and not weaken the overall performance of the "other" session ruinning. You can search for the Quad core thread from earlier today for some more info about that.

hth

Sweet! Thank you very much for the feedback.

It is much appreciated. Speaking of X3, any word on when it will be released?

I know verify is a pig but I like it. I just wish it would go faster! That's why I want the monster box. I know that Vericut is the industries schiz but what is another alternative

that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Daniel,

Have you benchmarked that system. We have a Dell 690 with (1) Quadcore processor and (1) Quadro FX 4600. It's my bosses computer maybe I can talk him in to upgrading. X2MR2 was giving him problems with dual monitors and multiple sessions of mastercam running so he went back to X2 with one monitor. We've been so busy we didn't have time to figure out how to fix the problem.

X2MR2 works great on my Dell 390 with dual monitors but I don't try to run multiple sessions as much as he does.

At 5 min 50 sec. give or take. You might try the new X2 MR2 SP1. I think it addresses some of the issues. I like it so far.

Not un-docking the toolpath manager, Putting short cuts on each monitor. It opens where ever the short cut is. MR1 did this a little easier because of the un-dockable TP-manager.

Or you can minimize each sesion..

4 monitors help...allot

Dan.

Daniel,

Thanks for the info. I did a clean install of MCX2MR2 from the disk on my computer and it works fine with dual monitors and multiple sessions. I like to work with my operation manager and level manager docked on one monitor and the graphics area on the other monitor.

My boss upgraded to X2MR2 by downloading the upgrade and still has X2 on his computer. His computer crashes with dual monitors. The reason he had to go back to X2 is because we just paid a lot of money for a 5-axis post for a Deckel Maho with a Hiedenhen control and at the time we only had version X2. The people who sold us the post sent someone from Germany to get it working and he had to do some things to the config file to get it to work correctly. Now this guy from Germany is almost impossible to get a hold of and we are afraid if we start with a new config file the post will not work. We realize now that we made a mistake by buying the post from the company that sold it to us because they offer little or no support. I am now trying to convince everyone that we should get a different post from a different company so we are going to contact our reseller for their advice. My initial idea is to go thru In House Solutions because I heard they have great support for 5 axis Posts. I do not use the 5-axis post on my computer that is why I was able to start from scratch.

I apologize if I got off the topic here. I am the biggest advocate of having the most up to date version of Mastercam where I work and I feel like this hole situation with the post processor and the config file is making the people I work for get the wrong idea about MCX2MR2 because they don't have it working correctly on there computer. Mine works great and I couldn't be more happy. I just want to get my bossess working like mine.