Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Intro & dumb question.

Team Ferret

Well, I am glad that I found this forum. Looks like there are some great people here. My name is Dave. I own and operate a small firearm manufacturing shop in StCloud Fl. I am really new to CNC and CAM programs. I have had Mc8 Mill for about 6 months now and Lathe for two days.

I am stumped on something. In Lathe v8.1.1, when I create a line or tool based on a value for length or size, it comes out x2. Example, if I am doing a boring operation and choose to create a tool. I enter the bar diameter as 1 inch. When I click ok (after entering all info needed) and it generates a tool path, the tool is 2 inches in diameter.

I know that I can enter a value in radius for the tool or whatever I am making will come out ok. But, I can see where that might cause a problem later if there is something else I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Custom tools are normally drawn in the mill or design module where the X and Z ratios are 1 to 1.

They are brought into MC lathe using custom tools in the tools parameters page.

With the generic lathe tools library as well as the Kennametal, Sandvick and Iscar tool libraries built into Mastercam I rarley have to make a custom tool.