Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cool dxf or dwg file

cherokeechief79

hi guys i havent been here for quite some time now.this new job is kinda boring.i was programming some high end equipment before i came here.the $ is good but the work is very simplistic.they have gibbs which i hate and havent even tried yet(although i used it for a bit a while back)most everything can be done at the control and if its a little more difficult ill just take it home and do it on mc 9.they seem amazed here when i even just chamfer everything with a spotdrill.they file and scrape just about everything.

anyway i would like to engrave something cool onto a plate of aluminum.i remember a while back there was a site with some pretty cool dxf and dwg files for free.anybody know what im talking about?

i sure do miss mc here at work.

ive been trying to get a clean vector image from a pretty clean bitmap ive found but im getting very poor results.i was wondering if any of you who are very good a rast to vect would like to give it a shot just so i can compare it to the best that i have come up with.you dont have to give me the file if dont want to but i just want to see if any of you can get something clean from this.

you can pm me for the bitmap

ps this is R rated

I have a few if your interested. Some I have done on rast to vector software and then went back and created arcs and splines over the geo. that I get from that. I can send you some if you like just drop me an email. I also have a few that arent exactly something you would want on the screen when there are alot of people around.