Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-axis toolpath

Ployd

We've got a 5-axis router.

I'm trying to make a finish pass that cuts along the back wall while keeping the end mill normal to the floor surface. I've got a 5-axis curve toolpath that does this, but it leans into the back wall at certain points.

I tried a swarf and it doesn't lean into the back wall but the cutter doesn't stay perpendicular to the bottom surface.

Any help would be appreciated.

rb1.jpg

rb2.jpg

If there is an error in the Curve5-axis toolpath then you can create offset surfaces from the floor surfaces, project chains on your lower surfaces, then normal to the upper surface and use these chains for a swarf 5-axis toolpath so the tool will stay normal to the floor. If you have multiple surfaces, make sure and create individual entities on each surface and sync it by entity so that it fans properly.

Also, the advanced multiaxis project toolpath has the option to stay normal and is more powerful than Curve 5-axis. Might try it out.