Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multiple drills same hole code

Oppiz

when doing deep drilled holes using a short drills than a longer drills to finish depth whats the best code to have your second drill feed down to first drill depth then rapid out of the hole on retacts between pecks. also is there a way to have MC out put this code.

FYI, running Fanuc 18I

Same code for all of the drilling just use a different R value. Mastercam will do this now with the feed planes. Set it to incremental if using 3d features to drive your depths. If you are using known depths and putting them in then it is just a matter of thinking it about it is all. If you are doing one one no big deal if doing 2 or more then you need to think about your clearance plane. This acts as your G99/G98 when posting out. If you use the feed plane correctly the posted code will have the correct G99/G98 for what you want and will have the correct R plane without anything special needed to do what you are after.

If you need some examples I am sure someone can whip some up for you.

HTH

I've tried many different combinations, but can't get what I'm looking for.

G00 G90 G54 X-.99 Y-.212 S458 M03

Z.1 M08

G98 G83 Z-3.5 R-2.4 Q.125 F3.

with this the drill stays down in the hole.

G00 G90 G54 X-.99 Y-.212 S458 M03

Z-2.4 M08

G98 G83 Z-2.875 R.1 Q.125 F3.

With this the drill feed down to 2.4 does 1st peck retracts to top of part then start pecking again from top of part.

I've done this before, I'm just extra stupid this morning